The Great Gatsby - High School Relived

Follow Me on Pinterest
Picture I took from the airport
My first non school/education related reading for the summer is ... (drum roll please...) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Classic, and maybe not very exciting I know, but it was required to read in high school for some reason! I wanted to 'really' see what the big deal was because in H.S. I didn't get the big deal. Never did I think I would be reading a book from H.S. (that I actually read Cliff Notes for the majority of)  for leisure or enjoyment, but the movie is coming out soon and I wanted to know the book's version before productions version is released.

I am sitting in Houston's airport heading home to Tampa.  I was visiting my very best friend Blair and her new baby boy Carter (he's AMAZING btw)! I bought the book in the airport to give me some 'quality' reading on my journeys - unlike my usual Health or People magazines. = )

I'm so excited about starting the read ... the first paragraph in the book starts with "whenever you feel like criticizing any one, just remember that all people in this world haven't had the advantages that you have had." ... This is a great start! I'll keep you updated!

Casey




No comments:

Post a Comment